Friday, February 18, 2011

Origami Boxes, and gifts of the heart

For Valentines, our son Luke made origami boxes.... well, rather it went like this.  Luke made some really wonderful origami boxes one evening and I thought they were so delightful I asked him if he would make up several of them for Valentines, so that I could put my truffles in them and make a pretty table.  He obliged.
  He's such a sweet lad.
 Aren't they pretty?  
I decided that I would post them as one of the 52 weeks of projects.
 Those little truffles fit in there perfectly (recipe in previous post).




 Luke is also a great cook.  He added this to our Valentine Schmorgesboard (my spell checker says this is not a word).



My Meatloaf doesn't look quite as pretty as his pizza, even though we put it on a lovely crystal plate.

 Another of Luke's accomplishments.  Croissants... they were delicious. 

We had fun this Valentines Day, cooking and decorating together.  During dinner, we watched Dean Martin on You tube singing "That's Amore".   All we needed was our little grandsons to dance with. Our Favorite version of "That's Amore"  is the one where Jerry Lewis joins in.  Eddie didn't know who Jerry Lewis was, so we decided we needed to update his education.  No child should go through life with out at least one Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis Movie don't ya think?
 

Don't forget to scroll down and pause my playlist music before you press the start button

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a delightful update! The little origami boxes are so cute and clever! The chocolates look so adorable inside! How nice to see Luke's cheerful face! His pizza looks amazing and I love your heart shaped meatloaf! So much creativity in our family :)

    I hope you guys have a very happy and restful weekend! Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke is very talented; that pizza looks delicious! And those boxes look just perfect for the truffles. I agree with Elizabeth: there's so much creativity in your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I want more!!! I just loved watching the video, so cozy and happy. I just love your table setting. The dishes, chocolate boxes and table cloth looks so so beautiful. Reminds me of a victoria magazine!!

    Luke's Croissants looks so delicious. He is such a baker and a chef!! He is going to have to teach me how to make Croissants!!!!!!

    The meat loaf and pizza are so cute!!!! I just miss you guys so much. Its been way to long since I have been home :(
    LOVE YOU
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss pam,
    Thank you so much for having this blog!!!!
    You are such an encouragement to me! You set a beautiful table! You love your family so wel! And as for Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope they are all classics! The pictures are beautiful!
    What a joy to visit you this way!

    ReplyDelete