Friday, December 23, 2011

A White Christmas


It looks as if we are going to have a "White Christmas" this year.  Even if it doesn't actually snow "on" Christmas, we have had enough snow in the last 4 days to last us through January.  We started with about a foot  of snow that we got in a storm several days ago, and then got almost two feet yesterday, those two together along with the drifts have left us looking like the North Pole... or so it seems to me... and I think I heard the chickens saying the same thing yesterday when I was trying to dig them a hole in the snow so they could breathe.

Here is the chicken house.... can you see it?  exactly... neither can I.

"Whats that you you say?  The chicken house has has disappeared?"

 "There's no need to fear...."

 "Super Shorts is here"


"Faster than the speed of light"


 "Capable of digging holes through snow in a moments notice."


 "With just a little help from a friend of course"

Look at those hairy knees.  Yes, throwing on the woolen underwear one minute, and shorts with snow boots the next... its definitely Colorado.
 "Don't listen to "Sir Galahad" over there... He is trying to take the credit for the emancipation of the little ladies...."
"Bok, Bok" 



"Is it Christmas yet? Bok, Bok".



"No not yet dear... b, bok, bok."


 "You ladies look smart now..."

 "It was nothin, nothin at all."

 Steve and a couple of our neighbors have been clearing snow with v plows and the backhoe.

 I have been warm and cozy inside baking and making little gifts and getting ready for a cookie exchange... which got canceled.... because of the snow... of course.

 This has been my fun little project this year:  Paper Bag Scrapbooks.

 You use paperbags folded in half; then glue scrapbook paper to each page, or use one sheet to connect the pages.  There are a variety of ways to bind them together, but I did mine by pasting one sheet of scrapbook paper on two pages.

 Half of the pages will be the open mouth of the bag, which provides a delightful little envelope to put more scrape book sliding pages in.. or anything you would like, such as pictures, christmas cards and recipes.
 Decorate the sliding pages so that the outer edge of it is cute, because it sticks out and adds to the  decorations.

 My daughter Marie was given a paper bag scrapbook for a baby shower gift decorated with the theme of her baby room.  It was adorable;  I have wanted to make one ever since I saw it.


You can see the sliding page sticking out to the right, which is decorated with paper and ribbon.
This was fun.  I made them for my friends for Christmas.  They were almost nothing in cost.

Hope you are having a delightful week as you have been preparing for Christmas with your families.


Much Love, 
Pam

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam! Oh, the snow you have! We haven't gotten much yet. Only two instances when it's actually laid on the ground. Which is why I think C-mas just kind of snuck up on me. It's been in the 40's and 50's here the last few days which definitely isn't normal. Anyway, it looks like you're making good use of the time! The scrapbook bag is very cute! I always seem to get in the crafting and baking mood this time of year. Not so much in the summer, though. Have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A white Christmas - oh wow! I am a little envious. My children have all been in the pool today. It's warm but not too hot but we have had some heavy downpours too, followed by sunshine. Humidity is heading up! Rain predicted for tomorrow so my dinner on the patio idea might not happen!
    I loved seeing your chickens in the snow and their 'rescuer' - so funny! Love what you have been doing with those paper bag scrapbooks. I finished my last Christmas cracker today. Also made chai tea mixes for two friends at church presented in tiny little preserve jars, tied up with narrow ribbon and a cinnamon stick on top. My daughter made gingerbread today and yesterday I made cinnamon buns baked in a round which I took to my neighbours.I'm getting a brine ready for my turkey tonight and we are also having duck and I am making a chocolate and raspberry trifle for dessert with vanilla ice cream.
    I will of course take some pictures for my blog.
    You have yourself a wonderful Christmas with your family. I will think of you when I watch 'carols by Candlelight' on the television tonight and 'I'm dreaming of a White Christmas' is sung!
    Blessings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Pam,
    I left a long gushy comment earlier, and now it's not there...
    Let's see, I gushed about how I LOVE it when you post. Then I talked about how hysterical you made those chickens... I mean I laughed outloud at those funny little birds! The snow pics are so pretty, and I'm so glad it adds to the cozy-ness of your Christmas.
    Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of snow! Love your pics! And I really love the scrap-books made from paper sacks,very pretty!

    ReplyDelete