Sunday, March 16, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

We do enjoy St. Patrick's Day here at our house.   It is always a good day to have a little Corned beef, or Shepherd's Pie or Irish Soda Bread.  I enjoyed my friend Roxy's blog post today, where she talks about Irish roots, you should pop over and read it.   I was thinking why haven't we ever enjoyed a little Irish Tea Party together.  I really like a nice cup of  Irish tea.  When my girls were in a year long ministry/discipleship program with our church when we were  in Phoenix, they had quite a few girls that they were team mates and room mates with.  Three of the girls were from Ireland, and they loved to have tea with our girls.  It was always a comfort to them all, because there were not that many American girls who really enjoyed the delights of tea, so they shared that common interest. I suppose I am rambling this evening. I am thinking perhaps next year, we will think of having an Irish tea party for St. Paddy's day… what do you say  Rox? Girls?  This year, I will cook up our Corned Beef and Potatoes and cabbage and some Soda Bread.  I made Shepherd's Pie last week, and we enjoyed two versions of that for a couple days.  It was really good.  I have still to post one version… will get to it in a day or two. In the mean time, here are some recipes for you.

  Click the pictures for the recipes.
Shepherd's Pie

Irish Soda Bread


Enjoy a batch of soda bread, or a corned beef, or a shepherds pie, buy a shamrock or have an Irish tea party.  Do something fun, and have a lovely  St. Patrick's day.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning!
    Happy St. Patricks Day to you and to your whole family...
    I may just try this Soda Bread, I will be making cabbage, carrots and potatoes and smoked sausage. I do like a nice crunchy Soda Bread!
    You're truly a wonderful friend!
    Don't forget to wear green!
    Blessings Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I love the thought of having an Irish Tea Party! Your recipes look so yummy. I will have to try them. Happy St. Patrick's day.





    ReplyDelete