Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chocolate Oreo Truffles


I first tasted these at my Dad's house.  Kathy gave me one of these choice morsels on  my last visit.  They were one of the most scrumpscious treats I have ever had.  My sister Katheryn  had made them.  I kept meaning to ask Katheryn for the recipe, but  never did.  I googled the recipe and wow was there a huge response.  It is not a difficult recipe to find, nor is it difficult to make.  You're going to love these.  They make a wonderful Valentines Day treat.

Ingredients
1 16 ounce Package Oreo Cookies
  I used "Newman's Own",  he doesn't use hydrogenated oil in his
8 ounces cream cheese 
softened to room temperature
16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips 
or you can use milk chocolate, white, or mint flavored for a contrasting mixture

Instructions 

Place cream cheese in a bowl.  Crush Oreos in food processor.  Add  to cream cheese and mix thoroughly.  Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a waxed paper covered cookie sheet.  Place in refrigerator.  Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler ( I saw Paula Dean using a glass Pyrex bowl over a pan of heating water on the stove top..... I liked that).  When balls are cooled and chocolate is melted, dip chocolate ballls into chocolate extended from a tooth pick, skewer or fork.  Place on wax paper to dry. If desired sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs, or purchased sprinkles or drizzle with contrasting colored chocolate.  Place each in a cupcake paper to give it a nice touch.
Try to keep them out of sight until ready to serve... they may not last.


3 comments:

Kirsteen said...

These look so delicious and easy too. Must add Oreos to my shopping list this week!

Oh, and happy birthday! ♥

Elizabeth said...

Oh Yummy!!! Mom I wish I were there right now :P Thank you for your sweet email! Can't wait to catch up! LOVE YOU AND DAD SO MUCH!

Davene Grace said...

You and your daughters are really tempting me with all these wonderful pictures of sweets and tea recently. :)