Saturday, November 23, 2013

Ginger Crinkles Dipped in White Chocolate



It is snowing here today, and we are beginning to feel that "cozy, holiday feeling". Steve and I are still hard at work with the kitchen remodel. We are thinking by tomorrow we will be able to wrap it all up... at least for the most part and hoping to have everything ready in time for Thanksgiving. Today I am up at our cozy little cottage making and baking a few things for Thanksgiving, while Steve is at our house working on hanging trim and cabinet doors. Thought I would share a favorite Holiday Cookie Recipe with you, since I am in the process of making a batch.

Years ago, a friend gave me a variation of this recipe in her Christmas card. It has been a favorite of ours ever since. I loved how she included it in her Christmas card, and I have thought of her every time I make this cookie. I thought it would be nice to make it this year for part of the Thanksgiving table. I added the white chocolate as a little extra pizazz. It tastes wonderful that way.

As usual, I have given the recipe a bit of a makeover, using whole wheat flour, and unrefined sugars. It tastes every bit as good and moist this way. Enjoy.
 
Ingredients
  1. 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  2. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  3. 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  4.  1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  5. 2 teaspoons baking soda
  6. 1/2 teaspoon real salt or Himalayan salt
  7. 1 cup Sucanat (whole unrefined sugar), Evaporated cane juice, or Coconut Sugar
  8. 3/4 cup butter, melted
  9. 1/4 cup  molasses
  10. 1 egg
  11. Organic granulated sugar for rolling cookie dough balls (about 1/4 cup)
  12. 1 cup white chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Mix together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, molasses and egg until combined.
  4. Add the dry mixture to the molasses mixture and mix until just combined. .
  5. Roll into balls.
  6. Roll each ball in organic sugar. 
  7. Place on cookie sheet.
  8. Bake 10-12 minutes until just set, but not hard
  9. Cool Completely
  10. While cookies are cooling, melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
  11. Dip  each cookie  in the melted white chocolate until it covers a little over half way.
  12. Lay  each on parchment paper and allow to rest until white chocolate is hardened again.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow these look so good Mom! I love how they are dipped in white chocolate! Missing you like crazy! Can't wait to catch up. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another great recipe Pam!
    While checking on the veggie ingredients, we looked at these
    (yum) and yes, now my counter is full of yummy, pretty and wonderful looking cookies. I posted these. Mine are pumpkin, already had them done! Smile
    Glad I have many to share these with :)
    Again, a blessed Thanksgiving to you & yours.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE ginger cookies in our home! I've been looking for a healthier recipe and this is perfect! I will be making these very soon. Thank you for sharing it with your readers.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete