1 1/4 cup cocoa butter discs (or 5.25 oz) (click here for info about white chocolate and cocoa butter)
1 1/4 cup whole, shelled, and roasted, Pistachios (any nuts will work for this; although you may diminish the green effect; no doubt they are all very doable).
1 medium avocado peeled and seeded
1/8 cup cream or half and half or almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla and 4 vanilla beans (I was wanting a strong vanilla flavor; you could reduce this).
1/3cup protein powder (I use Garden of Life "Raw Fit" ), but any vanilla protein powder will work.
1/3 cup Truvia or sweetener of choice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped Pistachios to roll truffles in.
- Place cocoa butter in a sauce pan and melt slowly on medium heat.
- Add all ingredients (except last 1/2 cup Pistachios) and cocoa butter into a Glass mixing bowl, measuring bowl or food processor.
- Mix with hand-held blender (or process in food processor) until thoroughly blended, and nuts are ground.
- Cool in bowl until firm, but not hard. You can use the refrigerator to hurry this process, but don't leave the mixture in there until the balls are hard, because this makes them a little difficult to roll into balls. Check every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roll in the chopped Pistachios.
Gather together ingredients.
Avocado, Pistachios, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla, Protein Powder, Stevia, Cream and Salt.
In a sauce pan, place cocoa butter and slowly melt . Pour cocoa butter and remaining ingredients (except final 1/2 cup pistachios) into a tall glass bowl and blend with a hand held blender. Or pour all into a food processor and process until all is well blended, and the nuts are finely chopped. Allow mixture to cool completely. It will firm as the cocoa butter cools. You can put it in the refrigerator to speed up the process, but take it out before hardened, so that it is easy to roll into balls.
Roll into balls, and then roll into chopped Pistachios.
These taste just like I hoped; creamy, vanilla, chocolate with pistachio. They are a delicious and satisfying treat. I am loving having some healthy chocolate to finish a meal... with no sugar to spike in my blood stream.
Steve loved these. He is not usually a sweet eater, but because these are not excessively sweet, and were loaded with one of his favorite nuts, he kept going back for more.