I'm on the count down for the last muffins to be posted during March Madness Muffin Mania Marathon Month. I have 3 more muffins to share counting these yummy and wholesome Double Chocolate Muffins. I always think there has to be at least one serving of chocolate whenever we make something don't you? It should be counted as one of the major food groups right? If you are a chocolate lover like I am, but also love healthy wholesome food, this recipe is one you will like. It is made with "White" whole wheat flour, butter, buttermilk and eggs, cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
Double Chocolate Muffins
2 cups "White Wheat" Whole Wheat flour
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Sucanat or Organic Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, softened
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Buttermilk
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare a twelve cup muffin pan muffin with Cupcake liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer or whisk. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix until evenly blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until evenly blended.
- Add Chocolate Chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Divide evenly into the twelve muffin cups.
- Bake 15- 20 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Delicious served warm or cold with butter.