Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Dinner

This year our Valentines dinner is a family affair.  Romance is still waiting for Steve and I .... some day somewhere... Yes, Hawaii, that is our promise we are going to Hawaii... one day to recharge our romantic batteries and make sure we don't end up looking like this couple.  We tried to get there on our 20th anniversary, then our 25th, then our 30th.  I can picture myself there on Valentines day too; we're not particular.   But, oh well, perhaps next year. This year, there will be 4 of us ages 50,  50, 28 and 15, and we will be home with the dogs and the cats and the cows and the snow....  but it can still be romantic don't you think? Here's the menu:

 Menu:
Dinner:
Heart Shaped Meatloaf 
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Rolls
Salad
Iced Tea
Dessert:
Chocolate Oreo Truffles (see recipe below)
How can you go wrong with that.... at least not around here, where meatloaf and mashed potatoes are always in high demand

5 comments:

  1. Ha that picture really made GRIN! Your menu sounds so yummy and festive! I can't wait for that day (soon) when you guys will be off vacationing in Hawaii! Missing you especially on Valentines....

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA ha ha this made ma laugh mom. I sure don't think you guys could ever end up looking like that couple. But I sure do wish you a very romantic Valentines, if not this year the next and the next and the next.

    Loved your heart shaped meat loaf by the way. Can we join you?

    LOVE
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pam! That photo makes me afraid... very afraid! Could that be us?!!! Eeek! We need some light, romantic relief in our lives, just in case!
    I hope you get your romantic holiday soon.... We're looking at our 25th too (it's our 20th anniversary next year, so no chance of that!)
    I love the menu....yep, food is definitely the language of love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my parents have been having the same problem with Alaska avoiding them :( May you soon find yourself with Steve enjoying the beauty of Hawaii!
    I miss our Valentine's Days that you and my mom made so special for us! Love you Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, I'm so sorry I didn't get to wish you a happy birthday on your big day. I hope you had a wonderful day and felt so loved. The same on Valentine's Day, too!

    Seeing the picture you included in this post reminds me of the time we had my grandparents (who were farmers in southern Pennsylvania) reenact that scene: pitchfork and all. I'm not sure they could make their faces look quite that dour though. :)

    ReplyDelete