These little Muffin Tin Pizza Pies are made with pie crust, Italian sausage, tomato sauce, vegetable toppings and Mozerella Cheese, prepared in a muffin tin to make a delicious "Meal in a Muffin". If you have your meat, sauce and dough prepared ahead of time, they go together in minutes. Marie and Elizabeth came over the day I made these. We were all three working on blog posts and and having a wonderful day cooking, taking pictures, blogging and eating. These were a perfect meal to make and post about while we were together, because they are a no brainer to put together, and believe me when I get in the middle of chatting, blogging and picture taking with the girls, I need something that is a "no brainer".
I have been sending muffins with Marie and Elizabeth and their families quite often this month, because my "guys" have been away, and since I have been doing muffins all month, I have need of some extra "eaters" to take them off of my hands. They bless me by enjoying the goodies. My grandson Winston calls muffins a "Muff". He'll say "Where's my Muff?" I think that is so cute. So, here are the "Pizza Pie Muffs"; Hope you enjoy them.
Prepared pie dough enough for 1 double crust : This is a link to my favorite pie crust
8 oz prepared pizza sauce
1/2 pound cooked pizza meat, such as Italian Sausage
1/2 to 1 cup each of chopped veggies such as onions, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms etc.
1/2 to 1 pound of shredded Mozerella Cheese
1 12 cup muffin tin (standard size)
The ingredients listed above are more of a suggestion than a solid recipe, so enjoy yourself; add or take away toppings just the way you like.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the pie dough onto a floured surface.
- Use a glass, cup or biscuit cutter to cut circles big enough for each muffin tin. You will cut twelve for the bottom, and 12 for the top, using your scraps to re-roll enough for all 24 circles. Use a cutter that is slightly smaller for the tops, as they don't need to be as big.
- Place the larger circles of dough into each muffin tin, pressing to form little pies neatly in each tin.
- Mix the meat with sauce.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of meat and sauce into each pie.
- Top with vegetables of choice.
- Add 1-2 Tablespoons of shredded Mozerella cheese to each.
- Cover with top crust, pressing gently around the edges and smoothing slightly to help the top and bottom crust to adhere to each other.
- Cut one or two air vents in the top crust.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes, or until crust is beginning to brown.
- Cool for about 5 five minutes before removing from pan.
I hope you enjoy these. We brought a big batch to the beach yesterday, and the kids devoured them, so they are definitely a kid pleaser.