Here is one of my favorite recipes that I got from my Mother in law years ago. The recipe card with her hand writing is all splattered and stained, now, which shows how much it has been enjoyed. It disappears quickly, so double the recipe if you can. I am a firm believer in doubling everything... I think it comes from raising a lot of hungry kids and wanting to be one step ahead. I usually freeze the extra meal when I double up a recipe, but I have not frozen this one... I don't think it would freeze very well.
Don't you think they look pretty? Soft, juicy, shiny, peachy, deliciousness.
Prepare a pie shell. I used my favorite Pie Crust recipe Here
Slice the peaches and arrange them in a pretty way in the bottom of your pie shell.
I couldn't "not" post more pictures than I needed… because... the peaches are just so pretty. Have you ever found that it is hard to sort through your pictures and get rid of them because you just don't need that many for what ever it is you are posting…. but to delete some of them was hard. I was feeling that way with this post. Peaches are just such a peachy subject.
Mix together your remaining ingredients.
Pour the mixture over the peaches.
You could almost eat it just as is; but.... no no, the dough would be raw:) . Place Foil over entire pie and put into a preheated oven.
Bake for ten minutes, then reduce oven to 350 degrees.
Bake 50 minutes more still covered. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, or until center is set, and the crust is lightly golden.
Cool and chill. Serve Cold.
Fresh Peaches (about 5-7 large)
2 Tablespoons Organic Non-GMO Cornstarch
1 Cup Organic, Unbleached Sugar, Coconut Sugar or Sucanat
2 egg yolks
1 Cup Whipping Cream
1 T Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blanch your peaches in boiling water for about 2 minutes then strain and cool; now your skins will slip right off; then pit them.
- Cut them into halves, quarters or eighths, whatever suits you. The amount of peaches I use varies every time, depending on the size of peaches and the size of my pie crust.
- Lay your peaches in the pie shell.
- In a bowl, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add egg yolks and whisk well. Add cream and vanilla and whisk again.
- Pour over the peaches.
- Cover Pie with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce heat to 350. Bake for an additional 50 minutes... or until the cream filling has set somewhat firmly.
- Take the foil off and bake 10 minutes more.
- Cool and then chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve Cold.