When I was making the Peach Cream Pie the other day, I ended up with an extra pie shell, and decided I would make dinner with it; but I was out of any good ingredients for a quiche. The ingredients I did have were a large amount of red, green and orange peppers, onions and sliced roast beef… "Philly Cheese Steak Pie" was the result. It came together in 10 minutes and was delicious.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice 3 peppers and 1 medium onion and saute lightly in olive oil.
Prepare a pie shell.
Fill with sautéed peppers and onions.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese evenly over peppers and onions.
Top with 1/2 pound sliced and chopped Roast Beef.
Add another layer of cheese (about 3/4 cup). Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven, approximately 40 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 5 or 10 minutes.
Philly Steak Pie
1 single pie crust (I used this one)
3 medium sized Peppers
1 medium sized onion
1/2 pound sliced and chopped roast beef
1 1/4 cup shredded Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pie shell and set to the side.
- Slice onions and peppers and saute lightly in olive oil.
- Spread peppers and onions evenly into pie shell.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add roast beef.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5- 10 minutes more, until crust and cheese is just beginning to brown.
- Serve and Enjoy.