Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Time Lamb/Project # 2








For this weeks creative endeavor, I was wanting a lamb to begin spring time decorations. Passover begins March 29th (at sundown) and continues for 7 days.  After that, is Easter on April 4th.  Lambs have been on my mind, because of the "Spring Lambs" being born; the "Passover Lambs"; and the remembrance of the resurrection of  "The Lamb of God", our precious Lord Jesus.  So I decided to try my hand at Paper Mache  for this project and create a Lamb.  I must say I didn't really care for paper mache as a craft, (I used the pre-made paper mache), but I think it can be a fun project to do with kids and can stimulate ideas for modeling projects that always come up with home-schooling.

Supplies
"Fast Mache" paper mache mix
Spanish Moss
a few silk flowers
craft paint and brushes
glue gun

Instructions
1).  The paper mache mixes up easily with water (read proportions on the box).
2).  Shape your lamb and allow to dry for 24 hours
3).  Hot glue spanish moss around lamb for his wool; fill in any white gaps with  small crumbs          of moss.  If Moss sticks out too much, you can use scissors to trim it up.
4).  Use a watery wash of paint and paint lamb with browns and pink. Allow to dry 10 to 15 min.
5).  Paint on eyes and mouth.
6).  Hot glue flowers where ever you like.

Very easy and even though it leaves a mess, clean up is  quick.

3 comments:

  1. OOOOO Mom I love it!! SO CUTE!!!! I am just so excited about 52 weeks of crafts! "Brilliantly done" (british accent) :) LOVE YOU SO MUCH :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the little lamb. I think it would just be easier to get a real one around this place.

    Easter will be here soon!
    Read fresh oil when you get a chance her mama sew an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. her mama SAW an angel ok its late and I need sleep love Roxy

    ReplyDelete