Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A September Recap



September has flown by for us. It has been a busy month, with plenty of catching up here in Colorado, a couple of medical emergencies involving our parents, (not to worry, all is well now), a drive to Denver,  a flight to Phoenix, followed with a drive to California, Nevada and back to Arizona, then another flight back to Colorado, a drive from Denver, and home to get our house prepared for the arrival of Nathan and Himilce and 3 grandchildren. My sweet Hubs then took another drive to Denver to pick them up at the airport, and home again and two days later took another drive to Phoenix to take his Mom down there to stay with his sister (who was having some surgery), then a flight back  to Denver, then here again…  We are in need of our Chiropractor, and a couple of extra winks of sleep;  but with that all done, and that all said, Steve arrived back today (happy sigh), the grandchildren are making the most wonderful noises in our house, the September weather is beautiful, our  son and daughter in law are a wonderful refreshment to our hearts, we are blessed and happy to take a few moments of rest and joy with our family. We have some fun things planned for the next couple of weeks, some of it outdoors, some of it involves food (of course :0)  )…. and perhaps a blog post or two will come out of our "happenings". I do have a few things ready to post… and have had them lingering in the draft file, waiting to be published, but haven't had the brain power to get them edited and finished until now; well I'm not so sure I have the brain power even now, but I do have a few free moments and am finding some restful quiet while Himilce and the  kids are doing their school work. I have a few phone pictures of some of the highlights of our trip.

We enjoyed a wonderful stay in Santa Barbara, as Dad and Steve and I visited my Dad's sister Cathie and my cousin Phil, whom I haven't seen in almost 45 years… could that really be?   We stayed in the lovely complex where she lives and explored the beautiful California country side together with Aunt Cathie as our tour guide.  The trip was definitely a highlight to us; we had such wonderful time catching up.  
Aunt Cathie was a model in the 1950's, and I had such fun going through her pictures and magazine clippings.  I took quite a few pictures of her pictures and advertisements; I want to reformat and reprint them for her,  and perhaps put them in an album or scrapbook; I am looking forward to doing that soon.


These are a few of the many clippings  that she had; they were from newspaper and magazine ads.  She was a lovely lady then and is still a lovely lady at the age of 88 (soon to be 89). 




One of the little trips we took was to the town of Solvang.
 It is a quaint little town that looks as if it came right out of Holland. 


We had a great time going through the shops, and had a delicious lunch. Pictured above is my Dad o the left, Steve in the middle, and Aunt Cathie on the right.
Loved the beach in Santa Barbara.  I realized that we have been coast to coast this last month… pretty crazy for us.  

Next stop was Nevada, where we visited my brother Dave and his wife Elvia.  We had a great visit with them.  

September is almost through as we embark upon October.  We are hoping to go out to the farms soon and pick our green chillies.  Looking forward to some Mexican recipes that are inspired by those delicious green chilies.  We are planning to take some walks and also a few field trips with Nathan and Himilce and the kids, as well as a little Colorado type of fun while we are all together.  I hope these last days of September find you all doing well. I look forward to a little catch up with you all very soon.  Have a lovely week everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Such fun you must all be having together. Can't wait to see pictures of all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had some wonderful travels. I have never been to Santa Barbara but have heard it's beautiful, I can't wait to see more photos. I'm sure you are glad to be home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really beautiful Maryann. I think we could have easily spent another week exploring and enjoying. Yes, I am glad to be home and slowing down now.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow Pam, busy busy! How you even find time to put up a post amazes me. Since our son's wedding in July I have hardly even been onto blogger, let alone write a blog post so I've been using Instagram to create a family life journal because that is one of the reasons I started my blog. Less words on Instagram I know but it is so much quicker for me and can be done on the run. We too are having beautiful weather in the opposite season. On the weekend temps are predicted to go into low 30's (is that 90's in f?) so will seem very much like summer. So glad I popped by to see your photos and hear about your family adventures and I am just have to go and work out how I can fit blogging back into my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, yes, it was a little bit of a crazy few weeks for us; not the norm. I didn't get much blogging done and am just getting caught up with blog-land. I love Instagram as well. I actually like the fact that there is very little writing involved. It has been a wonderful picture journal of life for us in this last year. I also love being able to keep up with friends in a brief but frequent way, which I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. So glad to hear that your winter is nice. In no time, you will be enjoying spring, and we will be into our fall. Hard to believe how quickly the time flies. So glad you popped by Ann, loved getting a little catch up with you.

      Delete
  4. So happy for all of your time in Colorado with Steve and family! What a month you have had, mine has been much quieter yet I don't seem to find the time to blog :) Have a great time with your grandkids, how fun and I know you will be making wonderful memories for them!

    Happy October!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO much fun to see your aunt in her vintage ads....what a lovely lady! And, so happy for you that you were able to take this trip and enjoy all the beautiful scenery and visit with family and friends. The Lord is so very good to us, isn't He? Hugs to you! Love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life and family....they blend so well together when enjoyed :-) I love what you said about your grand children filling your home with sweet noises. That says so much about you.....enjoying the noise, just the little sounds that fill your home and heart. So sweet~

    Happy Oct. 1st ♥

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had an exciting September!! ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete