These Strawberry Muffins were the last of my March Muffin Madness posts…. that I didn't get posted in time. The muffins were done, and the pictures were done, but I ran out of time to get them posted with the March Muffins. So… I am posting now; for a "celebrate springtime" post. I had a little fun with these after they were made, because I had an abundance of fruit and flowers, and ended up playing with the wonderful colors and shapes to make a delicious picture of springtime bounty. But for all their exotic presentation they are really just humble Strawberry muffins…yet so delicious. In fact, they are one of my favorites.
1/2 cup Sucanat or Organic Cane Sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup whole wheat flour (white whole wheat is my favorite)
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup diced Strawberries
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup organic can sugar for dipping finished muffins in.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together eggs, sugar and softened butter until well blended.
- Add buttermilk and whisk or mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add Strawberries.
- Mix all together; being sure to mix gently, and not over mix.
- Spoon batter evenly a twelve cup muffin tin.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- When cool enough to the touch, dip muffins in reserved butter and sugar.
- Serve with butter and Jam.