Friday, September 17, 2010

The Cross and the Switchblade


We had the privilege to attend a conference this week that really blessed us. It was a Pastor's and Leadership Conference.  Although, we are not Pastor's,  the Lord has been getting us ready to work with Teen Challenge, and Dream Center ministries.  These are outreach ministries that work with those who are bound by drugs & alcohol (among other things).

One of the things that blessed us most about attending the conference, was the opportunity to hear from David Wilkerson (now almost 80 years old) and Nicky Cruz (probably in his 70's by this time).  We realized here were the "two" whose ministry and conversion  were what God used to bring about "Teen Challenge".  If you have never read the books "The Cross and the Switchblade" by David Wilkerson, or "Run Baby Run" by Nicky Cruz,  I would say get a hold of them and read them.  They will greatly bless you.  "The Cross and the Switchblade", written by  Pastor Wilkerson, tells the story of how he became involved with reaching out to gangs in New York City.  "Run Baby Run" tells the sad and even frightening story of a young man's life that was touched and changed by the Holy Spirit, through the outreach of David Wilkerson.


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Pam,

    I was just thinking about you today...I have heard about the Cross and the Switchblade..I believe he has been a couple of Christian Radion Stations out here...WOW..what an intense Ministry the Lord is calling you and your Husband to..I will keep you in prayer as the Lord prepares both of your hearts for this great calling....Pam your box is gone again.. : ( I did another giveaway...as I prepare to launch my business blog...Do you have any update on the Apron Swap..? Oh soooo..many questions..I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages...well I will let you go.. :) have a blessed night
    In Christ
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting Mom! I can't wait to get a good dose of conversation over the phone! I heard that Nathan is in town! I can't wait to hear about that too! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete