Monday, July 8, 2019

Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal



 Wait a minute, is this breakfast or dessert? Well, my answer to that, is take your pick. This is definitely a recipe that will make the kids clamor for oatmeal for breakfast.  It will also be a dessert or a snack that  Mom will love to serve as a wholesome treat for the kids; I baked these up as a snack for a friend and her kids the other day when we had a get together at my house, and they were a big hit. You can make this recipe up in one big 8x8 pan, and cut it in to squares, or scoop it up with a serving spoon, or you can make it like I made this batch, in muffin tins, for individual hand held servings. Either way, they are delicious, comforting,  wholesome. and  wonderful for a make ahead or on the go breakfast.










Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 ripe bananas mashed
1 egg
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup milk of choice ( I used almond milk)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Prepare muffin tins or 8 x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips.
  4. Stir and mix until well combined.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips
  6. Scoop batter with 1/3 cup measuring cup and fill muffin tins or pour batter into baking dish.
  7. Bake 20 -25 minutes, until slightly golden brown, and firm in the middle.
  8. Enjoy!
Makes 12-18 muffins or 1 8x8 inch pan.
235 Calories per muffin when making 12 muffins 156 calories per muffin when making 18 muffins






Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Those look and sound amazing. I think I have all the ingredients as well!! Yes, very handy to have for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds soooo good right now! I am keeping your blog open on my computer so I can go through it like a magazine or a recipe book :)

    ReplyDelete