Monday, December 1, 2014

A New Adventure


I had mentioned a couple of months back that some changes were in  the works for us, and here is the post that I will tell you what we are up to.  We are moving to Florida.  Yes, can you believe that?  We have been working on this since June, and the time is finally here.  Steve and Luke head out in the morning with the moving truck, and the dogs, and car towed behind.  I will fly out Tuesday.  We are moving in the direction of 3 of our kids and our 6 grandkids, (Luke is moving with us and will finish school in Florida). We will  be living in the same town as our daughters, Elizabeth and Marie and their families and only a half a days drive from our son Nathan and daughter in law Himilce and family.  What joy we feel.   We are exhausted tonight after packing all week, and loading the last two days… but we are almost there.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year at our friends Roxy and Danny's house. It was truly one of the most delicious Thanksgiving meals ever.  We have had many happy memories together with Rox and Danny and have celebrated many Thanksgivings together.   Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving.  I had a little trouble with my camera this time, so only a few pictures came out half way decent.


From left to right, Steve, Danny, Roxy, Jo (Steve's Mom) and Luke.



Luke


  I might not post for a week or two… but  I will be back as soon as we get settled in.  Until then.  Have a great week everyone.  


14 comments:

  1. Wow!! That will be nice... be closer to family.

    Thinking of you and blessings as you travel, settle and adjust. Take your time and we'll "hear" from you when you are able.

    And, I don't know about that. You look around - there are quite a few folks out there that could use a shovel full of sunshine. I'm sure!! :)

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! How wonderful to be able to be near your children and grands. What a blessing. And no, you don't have to shovel sunshine. Pretty soon 50* will be cold to you instead of warm, haha!

    Many blessings on your travels~

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! SO happy for you that you will be closer to your children and grandchildren, my friend!!! I am praying for you today as you make this move. The Lord is so very good to us, isn't He? I will miss seeing your posts pop up on my side bar...but, I understand the need to step away. Enjoy each stage of this journey and this time...it is precious. Hugs, Camille XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, talk about a new adventure! So nice to be closer to children and grandchildren. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Being close to family will feel so great! Have a safe journey...we'll be here waiting to hear how the move went. Praying...♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting. Praying all goes well and you are settled in and cozy at home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I can't believe it! Colorado to Florida ... well, the States don't matter - what matters is FAMILY! I am SO excited for you to be moving closer to your dear girls and the grandchildren... and your son and his family. Oh, there's nothing like being near our children, is there.
    I can't wait to see your new home, and hear how you've got on.

    Sooooo, I guess I won't ever see you beautiful Colorado :)

    All the best with your move. And may God bless your new home with much joy and happiness.
    Love, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how exciting for you Pam. Being close to family is such a good reason to move. And having moved from a cold climate (South Island NZ) to a warm one I can tell you it doesn't take that long to acclimatize! Though during our first winter in Australia we didn't wear jackets and thought it was so hot. Then summer arrived and we realized why most homes had air conditioning! Think of the fruits you will be able to grow all year round. I'm sure you will be relishing the thought of planning a garden at your new home. Can't wait to hear all about your new home and adventures in Florida and I now have another place to add to my must see spots on my future 'dream trip' to the States. Of course I will not miss out on Colorado as I will go and visit Roxy!
    Have a safe trip and looking forward to hearing about all the next chapter in your life.
    God bless,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I forgot to mention. My sister, her husband and two boys will be in Florida for Christmas. They are staying at Disney World for 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Pam, What a funny picture of the move!It all made me smile along with a few tears! You are my sunshine! And we will continue to make memories no matter how far apart we are!!
    Tomorrow you will fly south baby...
    I thank God for you and all the happy years we had together raising our children!Hola...
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! What a huge life change for you, but how absolutely wonderful that you will be able to be closer to so much of your family. I can imagine that Elizabeth and Marie are just beside themselves with joy and anticipation!!! :)

    May your travels be safe and your adjustment be smooth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how exciting for you and your family! Dear Roxy told me she was having good friends over for Thanksgiving and that they would soon be moving to Florida...imagine my surprise when I saw it was you :)

    You will be in my prayers as you travel and prepare your new home. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for you today as you settle into your new place...the Lord goes with you...remember that! Have a wonderful Christmas my sweet friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete