Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines Day Past and Present


I do believe Valentines Day is my favorite Holiday next to Christmas.  Like most of you, we have enjoyed having Valentines parties for the kids, baking cookies, making Valentines mail boxes or buckets, and making Valentines cards.  Steve and I have sometimes gone on dates in the evening, or stayed home and had little picnic in front of the fireplace or fancy dinner just the two of us at home.  It is a happy week to look forward to in the middle of muddy, snowy, winter months.

I had some pictures I wanted to share from Valentines past, but haven't been able to find them in the midst of this move, because we still have  many things stored in boxes.  So, I decided to share our little Valentines Party from this year.  We combined it with our Valentines card making day.  This Valentines Day, Steve and I are in North Carolina, enjoying a nice catch up with our son Nathan and his family. We have had the fun of distributing all the cards the Florida kids made for them.  Here are a few of our highlights from our Valentines party last week.





Luke made his nephews a Rubber-band Rifle.




Which they all loved.











"Oh… I love these ones Grammy."

"… and I love the Pigs in a Blanket Grammy". 

Pigs in a blanket….

Marie's delicious Blackberry Scones….

Sugar Cookies….

Orange slices….

cheese slices and sprouts….

…...and tea…. always seem to make their way into our Valentines Party every year.
Each addition is a memory of someone in Valentines Days Past.











"Sorry Toby, its all gone".



5 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!!
    This party looks LOVEly!! :) how fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so yummy! I love how simple it can be and yet filled with oooh's and aaah's too :-)

    Glad you were able to visit more family and enjoy this special day.

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos my friend. And...your Valentine's party looks like it was a hit. I am happy for you that you are getting some family visiting in...what a blessing! Hugs to you, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all the photo, everything looks so yummy. i'm like you Valentines is one of my favorite holidays. Maybe because it gives me an excuse to bake pretty things, or because it is a nice little break from the cold drab winter. So nice to be able to enjoy family...it really is a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear the 'happiness' in your words and the pic's say it all!
    So, enjoyed catching up with you & your beautiful family!
    Hugs-blessings
    Lori

    ReplyDelete